Sunday, October 25, 2009

This I believe

http://thisibelieve.org/essay/66662/

I believe in the importance of family. Robert 's essay used the example of his father leaving work to come change her flat tire. The gesture seems simple and almost no big deal and reminded me off all the little things that my family does for me that I take for granted. The father rushes to help his son putting his sons needs a head of his own. This is a perfect example of what family is. Putting others needs in front of your own. Without family a child has no one to teach them the difference between right and wrong. They have no role models to model their behavior after and no one to look after them. A child needs a support system and to know they will be supported and looked after. Without a strong family unit its easy for a child to get lost, drop out of school or get into trouble.
My family is my biggest support system, my rock and a source of unconditional love. Growing up my parents were my role models and they taught me the difference between right and wrong. I made plenty of mistakes growing up. The morals and lessons my family taught me were always on the back of my mind and kept me from ever wondering to far off course.

No comments:

Post a Comment