Thursday, October 15, 2009

Utter Frustration

Last week I was very excited to finally be placed in a school and I should have had two observations completed by now. Unfortunately things did not proceed as planned. My advising principal emailed me reminding me to email him my TB test results and background check or to bring them with me. National Louis requires that we have this completed for practicum two and I'm just beginning practicum one. After talking with several classmates (none of their schools required these documents) I learned that each individual school has its own requirements. I can understand the need for the schools strict requirements but I am am frustrated that I was not made aware of them right away so I could have been working on getting placement elsewhere. The teacher I was to observe emailed me and said she was sorry and that her school even requires there parent volunteers to have both documents. She said that she can see both sides but its frustrating because they have an extremely difficult time getting parents to volunteer and most of the teachers blame all the additional requirements. Enough complaining, tomorrow I will start emailing assistant principals and hopefully next week I will be telling you about my first observation.

2 comments:

  1. That is really frustrating. Hopefully you can find another school so then you can start your observations so your not behind. I can also see the need for the school being really strict. A lot of schools are like that and this is why there are not a lot of parents that want to volunteer. Dont worry things will get better.

    ReplyDelete