Thursday, November 19, 2009

Google

I have become a huge fan of Google while taking this course. Google has so many wonderful features, that are easy to use. I really loved Google documents. Google documents is easy to use, it automatically saves all your work and you can share your information with everyone or just certain people. I am getting married in a little more then a week and I used it to organize all my wedding stuff. I save everything in Google documents and then share it with my fiance, my parents and my soon to be in laws. This way all of us can view it, make comments and add too it. It was very convenient and time effective. When i get my own classroom I plan on setting up a Google groups page for my class. This way I can view the work my students are working on before they and it in. If their is problem or if the student is taking the project in another direction then I would like I can address the problem before its too late.

I will never have to listen to a child's excuse to why their homework isn't done again. There work is all saved online and it cant be lost, destroyed or forgotten.
Another way to effectively use Google groups is through groups projects and collaboration. Members of the group do not need to physically ever be together to complete a project. Everything can be done online. I can assign a project on the parts and function of government and assessing everyone a different section. The students can post their work online and I can put everything together for the class to view and learn from. I can also have my students collaborate with students in different grade levels or even different countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment